[mySociety:public] Richard Stallman speaker visit

Andrew Wood

Oct 20, 2011, 3:08:30 AM10/20/11
to mySociety public, general purpose discussion list, rms-a...@gnu.org, r...@gnu.org
Dear all,

Richard Stallman is visiting the UK and he's looking for opportunities
to give a talk/lecture on November 2, 4 or 5. I guess he probably needs
no introduction but there is a biography at the end of this email.

The offer came about when he contacted me after
reading a letter published in the Guardian last Wednesday about the
Sociological Imagination. (This was following the death of Steve Jobs,
see letter here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/oct/12/the-power-of-apple).

It's short notice, I know, but if you run a class, club or society or
simply wanted to organise a public meeting at short notice then you can
contact him or his assistant directly. Their details: Richard Stallman
r...@gnu.org and his assistant Jeanne Rasta rms-a...@gnu.org .

Best wishes,

Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood, Oxford.